Join FCO’s newest summer programs!!!
Summer Strings (Music Director – Jane Ball)
- Intermediate String Orchestra geared towards Violin-Viola-Cello-Bass
- Fee – recommended $5 donation made at the rehearsal
- Location: Transfiguration Lutheran Church (14176 Fenton Road, Fenton, MI)
- Rehearsal Dates: May 23 & 30; June 13 & 27; July 11, 18 & 25)
Prelude String Orchestra Summer Fling
- Beginner String Orchestra for students entering grades 3-8 geared towards Violin-Viola-Cello-Bass. No prior experience is required!
- Fee – $100 for 8-days of private lessons, small group coachings, and orchestra rehearsals
- Location: Fenton High School Band Room (Park in Lot B & enter through East school entrance)
- Program Date/Time: July 29 – August 8, 2019. Daily morning sessions start at 10:00-11:30 AM and afternoon 1:00-2:30 PM.
- To sign up, fill out online application: https://forms.gle/xWPLB6bLmnQtUeX28
FCO Upcoming Events:
Concerts in the Park: Thursday, June 6, 7:00 PM (behind Fenton Community Center)
Beginning String Orchestra Summer String Fling: July 29-August 8 (Fenton High School Band Room).
FCO is pleased to announce a grant award from Share Art Genesee. Follow the link to read The Lasco Press article:
This program is sponsored by the Greater Flint Arts Council Share Art Genesee Grant Program made possible by the Genesee County Arts Education and Cultural Enrichment Millage funds. Your tax dollars are at work!
Rehearsals resume January 10, 2019 – CLICK HERE TO LEARN MORE
New Operations Coordinator On Board
The Fenton Community Orchestra has hired an operations coordinator who started in November 2018. Jennifer Fleck, an orchestra co-founder and executive director, left the organization in September 2018. We were very fortunate to have Jennifer for the first eight seasons and wish her the best in her new endeavors. Our new operations coordinator, Tetyana Clarke will be assuming many of the day-to-day operations of the orchestra. We welcome Tetyana and are very glad to have her on board!
MCACA Grant Announced
We received our fifth grant from the Michigan Council for the Arts and Cultural Affairs (MCACA) and the National Endowment for the Arts (NEA). This grant, along with matching funds from our donors, helps support the orchestra’s operations and expand our programs to reach additional musicians through our Simply Strings (intermediate strings) and Wind Ensemble programs.
The Fenton Community Orchestra’s purpose is to provide a place for musicians of all ages to connect through music by providing an educational and entertaining music program both for its members and its audiences. FCO seeks to promote mutual growth and understanding through the experience of musical performance. Membership is open to musicians from age 12 and up, provided they have the desire to play and learn together.
Need a Tax Deduction? *CLICK HERE TO DONATE TO Fenton Community Orchestra*
Rehearsals resume September 13, 2018 – CLICK HERE TO LEARN MORE
Newsletter: Please sign up by entering your email below to receive our newsletter
FCO is a member of New Horizons International Music Association. Visit their website to see camp opportunities: CLICK HERE